My favorite extinct job is a #palingpeurer (english #eelbob). Question: What is your favorite(s)?
Postman always rings twice! Always? In The Netherlands #postman are this and next week on strike. It's a profession threatened with extinction. Why? All of us hardly send snailmail anymore. No handwritten letters. No postcards from abroad. No packages with food, cloths or ... - there must be more. The delivery of items is reducing quickly.
Are you frozen on your job? Do you hate the way your boss organises your company? Does no one ever listen to your "free" advices to get the work better - much better - organised? Looking around again for another job, boss or Way things Finally get Properly organised?
Remember this. There is not 1 way of organising. There are many. How to organise depends on the organisational configurations, the life cycle of the organisation and the environment it lives in.
Remember this. Jobs come and go. When we look back in history we find out that jobs are like a river. The exact definition on what to do (and don't) is never the same. Never! Water floats and floats. The #postman of today is not the same as the postman 50, 100 or 200 years ago. The #farmer of today is not the same as the farmer 50, 100, 500,1.000 or 10.000 years ago.
- #peddler (dutch #marskramer)
- #eelbob (dutch #palingpeurer)
- #lighthouse keeper (dutch #vuurtorenwachter)
- #train crossing guard (dutch #overwegwachter)
- #bell-ringer (dutch #klokkenluider)
- #flintknapper (dutch #steenklopper of #vuursteensmid)
- #whaling (dutch #walvisvaarder)
- #copymonk (dutch #monnik die boeken kopieert)