Did the Ancient Egyptians visit Australia - 5,000 years ago - long before the Europeans did in the post-Columbus era? History is full of surprises so it could be ... but did they?
- There are valid Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs carved in Gosford on the west coast. With a cartouche with the birth name of pharaoh Khufu (2589–2566 BC). Discovered in the early 1900s
- Ancient Egyptians used tobacco and cocaine. They only grew in the continent which makes up modern America
- Number of hieroglyphs increased in time (after 1975)
- Carved in a disorganised manner
- Some hieroglyphs are carved backwards
- Some of the used shapes were invented 2,500 years later
- Less erosion than nearby 250-year-old Aboriginal petroglyphs
- Gosford is on the east coast and you'd expect them to land on the west coast
A possible explanation is that they were carved in 1920s by Australian soldiers who served in Egypt in WWI. Back then there was a widespread interest in ancient Egypt after the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun.