Did the Ancient Egyptians visit Australia - 5,000 years ago - long before the Europeans did in the post-Columbus era? History is full of surprises so it could be ... but did they?
- There are valid Ancient Egyptian hieroglyps carved in Gosford on the west coast. Discovered in the early 1900s
- Ancient Egyptians used tabacco and cocaine. They only grew in the continent which makes up modern America
- Number of hieroglyps increased in time (after 1975)
- Carved disorganised
- Some hieroglyps are carved backwards
- Some of used shapes were invented 2,5000 years later
- Less erosion than nearby 250-year-old Aborigine petroglyps
- Gosford is on the east coast and you'd expect them to land on the west coast
A possible explanation is that they were carved in 1920s by Australian soldiers who served in Egypt in WWI. Back then there was a widespread interest in ancient Egypt after the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun.