Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Frozen?

Are you frozen on love, life or what to say/ think/ dream/ do next? Why?

Is your "constraint" as steady and unmovable as a mountain? Really? Why don't you treat your constraint the way Paul Cezanne (1839-1906) did? The way he painted Mont Sainte-Victoire again and again. Year in. Year out. He painted his mountain 60 times. His mountain was never the same. Different mood. Different angle. Different colour. Different season. Different style. Different ... - there must be more. His mountain was never the same. Never! So why should you be frozen on your constraint?

5 comments:

  1. I agree how ever rock solid something may appear it is merely one's perception that colours it into a positive or a negative frame ~
    You choose how you perceive the world, whether that be through rose tinted glasses or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Linda. Heracleitos had his water. Ernst Jünger his insects. Cezanne had his mountain. I play with metaphors. What's your trick(s) not to get frozen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My glass is always half full (not half empty!)so I err on the positive no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you're asking the question because I've been frozen for years and I'm so happy to feel alive again. I like the idea of seeing things in a different angle. I have just advised a friend to look at her problems this way and she found the advice very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadine, Good to hear that Cezanne's/ your advise was useful for your friend. Guess what? Next week I'll we near Aix-en-Provence. I planned to visit Cezanne's atelier and his mountain. I want to see it with my own eyes, smell it & if I can taste it too. I'm missing some sense I guess.

    ReplyDelete