Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Update (1)

Update on the books I read and the projects I'm working on these days.

Books:
  • Belonsky, 'The Log Cabin. An Illustrated History' (2018). Read the last part of book #off-the-grid
  • Peck, 'America's Secret Mig Squadron' (2012). Read the last part of book #flying
  • Oek de Jong, 'Cirkel in het Gras' (1985). Re-reading this book. I love the part when the main-character thinks, "A few more days and I'll start dreaming in Italian again." I read this book ten times I guess #love #Italy
  • Sontheimer, 'Hannah Arendt. De Levensweg van een Groot Denker' (2005). Only read a few pages of this book #HomoSapiens

Projects:
  • Herbert Maxwell, 'Rainy Days in a Library' (1896). Read the last part of book and write a bookreview #GavinMaxwell
  • Claire Nicolas White, 'Fragments of Stained Glass' (2015). I finished this book a couple of weeks ago. I read a book of her before, see my blog 'Motherly Woman'. From this book is the quote in my blog 'And Yet I Knew'. I know I'll move these three books from my project-table to the shells of my library but I am postponing it - waiting for a sign #AldousHuxley
  • Write a history article this month about a Dutch farmhouse dating around 1219 #writing
  • 'The Lunar Library. Genesis Mission' (2019). This mission aims to preserve humanity's history on the moon (Wikipedia, too): here. I want to check out what is exactly in this library and what not. Answering my question "What worldview is it representing?" #fringe
  • Engraved tridacna shells. Around 110 of these engraved shells have been found. I want to unlock all of them in one list via Wikipedia. In a format like this: Egyptian hieroglyphs. I exchanged a few e-mails with professor R. Stucky regarding his thesis 'The engraved Tridacna shells' (1974) finding out that I've to see a hardcopy of his book in the university library of Leiden #fringe
  • Rian van Rijbroek, 'Unhacked' (2019). Controversial book about hacking. I didn't start reading book #computer
  • Hannah Arendt, 'Lying in Politics' (1971). See my blogpost 'There Always Comes The Point' of last week. I am puzzling on Arendt's image of man (Dutch: mensbeeld). What can we believe and how to act according to her? After answering these questions I want to read the books on list 'Urgent Books to Re-read These Days' #HomoSapiens
And how about my new book about the Cape Verde Islands? I'll start with it in my summer holiday 2019. First there needs painting and liming to be done inside my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment