Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Luz Mayor

I was sitting on a bench, in the sun, at the back of my house. Nothing special. Looking at fat clouds passing by. Suddenly I realize that the world will move on and planet Earth will keep turning around its axis. Every day one round. Keep on turning when "I" am not here anymore. Better: "I" will be shattered in tiny little pieces and be re-grouped in other different "things". I knew but somehow I lost track of it.



Marina de la Riva in her song 'Canción de Las Simples Cosas':

"Uno se despide insensiblemente de pequeñas cosas
(...)
Demorate aquí, a la luz mayor de este mediodía.
Donde encontrarás con el pan al sol y la mesa tendida"

P.S. Translation of quote from Spanish into English: "One is insensibly saying goodbye to little things
(...) Take your time here, in the light of this noon. Where you will find the bread in the sun lying on the table.
"
P.P.S. For next four weeks no letters from me. I will be on holiday. Working on my Cape Verde Islands translation. Read a little. Simple cosas.

No comments:

Post a Comment