Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Memória Desses

They finally kissed! Who? Meave and Otis, of course. The two protagonist of Netflix series 'Sex Education'. Remember my post 'And Move On' (2-2020)?

Something else. I read Carlos Drummond de Andrade, 'O amor naturel' (1992) in a bilingual translation (Portuguese-Dutch). It's a collection with poetry. Most of his poems are too vulgar for my taste. Those things belong in a bedroom. Whispered in ears. Between you and me. In letters full of longing and hunger. Reminisce. Hoping for more.  

I love this poem (from 'O amor natural'):

Did you know that in Leiden, The Netherlands his poem 'Papel' is a wall poem on Middelstegracht 87 (more)? Complete list with all wall poems in Leiden: here.

P.S. Translation into English is made by Tim Kahl: source.

No comments:

Post a Comment