Last Sunday I was - for the first time in two years - back in a glider. Just for a ride. How I loved to be back in the sky again.
- Silence. Waiting in complete silence in the cockpit. Ready for take off
- Tightening of the winch cable
- Speed. More speed. Off the ground. "100 meter". "300 meter". "450 meter"
- "Bang". Off the hook! "Bijprikken. Ontkoppelen. Kleppen. Snelheid."
- Silence again. Blue sky above. Below ground in so many colours
- Hand on the stick. In control of the aircraft
Friday I'll fly again. The weather forecast for thermals is good. Life is good :)
P.S. Never went for a ride in a glider? I don't know how to make you sensitive for my thrill. It's something like a roller coaster but better. So much better.